Friday 19 August 2016

Scrimpys Challenge and Class Dojo

Another late blog today sadly
I have been feeling a tad tired today so been in bed most of it reading, this week after reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child last week I am rereading the Harry Potter Collection, I am 3/4 of the way through Order of the Phoenix it is a nice easy book to reread as the characters are already in your head and as you read you can almost hear their voices which is good.

I have filmed this tag as a process/tutorial in 3 sections, in my house getting peace to film one continual video is near on impossible so it is in 3 parts which for the actual look of the tag is a LONG time lol x but I do like to show warts and all helps people to see my thought process behind them x 

So here is the tag I have made and some close up pictures 


I have used papers from First Edition Rose Garden (Also the 2 small tags in the back are from the paper pad), I used Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Pad around the whole tag and on the small sentiment
All the laces and trims came from Scrimpy's Lace Closet of Zibbet
I have been a loyal customer of Amanda's for many years now and the main reasons are
Value for money, Amazing customer service, and Beautiful products I genuinely love,
I now also design for the store but I can 100% assure you that I do buy LOTS of Amanda's products so I can be honest and say that they are amazing quality.




Hope you like the tag and keep your eye on my youtube channel (link is on the side →)

Also I spoke the other day about my son's class now using an app/website for interacting with parents day to day so here is a wee picture of Jayden's week

I really like it that they have stipulated his positives and negatives and it believe it or not (yes only day 3 mind you) he is working hard to keep it up :) can not be a bad thing.
the comment at the bottom is just one of 10 each achievement good or bad is logged and it really does give you a good insight into everyday life for the kids in the classroom.

Videos last night I watched a few Caroline Withington had a spellbook journal (which I loved)
I am a big believer in natural healing and for lack of a better word Wicca / White Magic, I believe you get back what you put out, give out good and kind and you get that back.
Anyway the journal was really well made and VERY inspiring definitely something that I would be keen to try.
I watched Annemarie Collin's updated junk journal she has done so well with it and I really love that it is made from things that would most likely have been landfill. Amazing
 This morning I have been watching our Dee AKA Blackcatcrafts13
Now this woman is an absolute genius with mini albums she has just added a new video with 2 mini albums made for a lady who was having twins, she used graphic 45 precious moments paper line and my god stunning is not the word, honestly she is AMAZING I was literally speechless.
how a major paperline hasnt snapped her up for design team work is beyond me as she is just phenomenal.
Also watched Lindsay's newest video The Frugal Crafter which I think is fabulous for RAK's or as a wee extra for presents maybe work friends or neighbours etc.
Another favorite of mine is Stacey at Scrapbooking Made Simple
she is one of the sweetest people you could wish to meet, I wish I lived in California just to pop into the store and have a blether, she is just your average mom who is working hard in a job she loves.
her videos are weekly and they are usually about 1hr long but although she does product focus tutorials she drums home to you that you use what you have, save money where you can and the techniques she shares with us all is just unreal, she has her own line of dies and stamps etc and I do wish I was over there but shipping to the UK is just too expensive because her own products are just heavenly and the prices are better than anyone else on the market.
So if you havent checked out SMS please do I am sure you will love it just as much as me.

Anyway thats it for today, I am heading to post pictures of my tag over on scrimpys and remind people of the challenge and then I am going to go back to bed and lie down with my book :)
Until tomorrow be well x 
Love and Hugs Always Karen xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment