Thursday 29 September 2016

Thoughtful Thursday

Well I had the best sleep last night I have had in ages, honestly I went to bed very early about 7pm and woke up about 1am got a drink and a sandwich (I had gone to bed with no dinner again)
then went back to bed about 2am and slept will the alarm went off at 7am so I got around 11hrs sleep which is unheard of for me absolutely unheard of I do sleep a lot but it is for short bursts 2hrs sometimes 3hrs at a time and then I am awake for 2/3hrs x 
So although I am sore this morning I am going to try and limit my movements so I can stay awake and not take my painkillers until lunchtime and then hopefully 2/3hrs nap and then awake till bedtime thats the hope anyway.

Yesterday I didnt nap at all so I did a little bit of crafting, I made a card and a bag for my little great nephew Freddie, I bought him a few wee outfits that were so cute, Denim dungarees (my favorite on wee boys I just love them) and a wee blue and white striped top and then 2 bedsets one says my daddy is my hero and the other says my mummy is the best x so made a wee bag using 12x12 papers and a base then chopped the `12x12 down to the height I needed I then just added ribbon to close it and a wee ribbon round the base to just pretty it up a little. The card was really basic I actually turned my room upside down yesterday (no kidding) looking for a hunkydory baby boy card set I bought a while ago (also bought a girls one) and I cant find either of them anywhere in this guddle of a craftroom, I would love to declutter but honestly I use almost everything in this room I have loads of things but I do use it all as I jump from one craft to the next in the drop of a hat. So to bin anything or sell it on, I know within a few weeks I would need to rebuy it. GRRRR


Going to get Ian to pop out to Barrhead today and pick up another 2 sets of drawers for my craftroom and try to get rid of the bulky plastic boxes I used to use when I used my shelving they worked fine but realistically they are too heavy for me to be lugging across the room back and forth when I need them, I have been looking out for a filing cabinet second hand of course to store my papers in (not my paper pads) just my a4 & smaller and my scraps in colour schemes to make them much more easily accessible as just now I have 2 boxes of scraps and they are just sitting there cause to root through them for what I need just annoys me.  I am the most annoying person in the world for being so messy and cluttered I do like things to be put away in a set fashion.

Yesterday I also made my niece Leah her Birthday cards 
I made ours to look like a tag and have told Carol and Eugene that they can cut off the back and let her use it as a bookmark when she is taking down her cards,
The one from the boys is just leah to a tee, such a princess but playful x 

I stamped and coloured this using promarkers and then added some crystal stickles x the paper on the mat layer is from the funfair line the colours just worked perfectly for a fun girly card x 


This one was coloured using promarkers and sakura gel pens x 


This morning Amanda has launched a new feature on Scrimpys
a monthly golden ticket you buy your ticket (or 10 lol) and then at the end of the month the whole amount bought 50 or 100 will be the prize for the winner Amanda is making no profit in this whatsoever the winner gets the full amount made that month.
It is superb you will get store credit to that value to spend on items or for kits such a great idea x 
So the link is here to buy your ticket for this month x
And Amanda also is starting the pot each month at £10 :) so go buy quick ;) x

Hope you all have a great day and today could everyone just take 5 mins and send a friend or two a quick message to say Hi and that you are thinking of them x sometimes in life we are so wrapped up in our own wee worlds we forget to say hi to other people we care about x 

Lots of Love and Hugs Always Karen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment