Wednesday 23 November 2016

Xanderous Crafty Stash Guest Design Team Project 2 from for November 2016




This project was just fabulous to work on, 
The sentiment was a SU Stamp and I knew I wanted that as a feature on my project.
The base was a 6x6 chipboard base that my youngest son had once upon a time decorated with embossing powders all melting into each other when he was preschool or Primary 1 so I decided to reuse the base as it has sat in a drawer for years so this was the project x 

I painted it with black acrylic paint and then added a very thick coat of texture gel and dried it off a bit and then added the lace curtain remnant and dried it off more, I then left it over night to dry completely, the next day I coated the layer with a liberal coat of antique gold inka gold from Viva decor I then took out the metal pieces from XCS that I wanted to work with and played my usual jigsaw of where I wanted everything and how it was going to be placed x once I had decided I got to work.
Firstly I added white felt to the back of the project (I am very fussy on projects to make sure they are all completed fully) I then added the corners but it helped keep everything in place and finished it beautifully. 
The metal embellishment filigree was too large for this piece I felt so I chopped them down and filed the edges the middle section I used either side of the sentiment and the sides I used to embellish the corners further.
I then layered up the cabochon settings to make them a little bit more prominent I added a cabochon from my stash and then decided to add some length to the wall hanging and used a little handmade dangle charm, I used a simple eye pin and added some beads in similar tones and rondelles and lastly a small charm that came off an old piece of jewellery.

I really love this and it is going to be gifted as a wee extra christmas present this year for someone as I know they will appreciate it and the sentiment is EXACTLY how we should all feel on Christmas Day x 

all the metal embellishments are from XCS and the links are added below
https://goo.gl/Tiaz1h - Cabachon setting
https://goo.gl/9r2oeD - Cabachon Setting
https://goo.gl/bys4rM - Bronze Corners
https://goo.gl/DgjVvy - Filigree Pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment