Sunday 11 June 2017

Serene Sundays

Sundays are the quietest day in my house especially at the moment with my eldest being on holiday at her Majesty's expense :( 
but Wee Jayden has stayed over night with my parents last night he stays with them most Saturdays and comes home Sunday teatime it gives him that wee bit of one on one time with them which he has missed out on a lot with us not living as near to them as we did when Jordan was younger. 
Ian & Scott (Jordan's Best Friend and Adopted son to us) and Scott's older brother Craig are driving through to visit Jordan 100miles round trip x that we are doing 2/3x a week 
I tend to email him though as I find that best for me, it helps to message him at night when I am feeling it hardest and can picture his wee face the next day reading a wee letter from home.

Also while all this has been going on I have been crafting a lot to try and occupy my wee brain as I am not really sleeping very well 2/3hrs at a time and even then I am restless.
I have been doing some youtube videos also which I had been avoiding for a while due to the fact uploading used to take forever but I have recently upgraded to a faster broadband and it is 8x faster uploading which is brilliant x so there are a number of new tutorials and process videos on my youtube channel x  Karen McClure's Channel so please pop over and have a wee look.

Here are some of the projects I have made over the last few days 

Videoed this one as a tutorial called Frame your Stamp Card so pretty and elegant with simple technique.

This is the exact same technique with an added step which is the stamped layered background also have videoed this on my youtube

My favorite little piggy stamp x 

Vintage Fathers Day Card I made on the tutorial for youtube

My Sample that I made prior to the video

Gorgeous Daisy Delight Bundle just makes the most gorgeous cards x 

This was also the same stamp set Daisy Delight but showcases some of the other stamps available

This was my prototype for the framed your stamp tutorial I absolutely loved it and knew I needed to do it as a tutorial for everyone else to learn the technique.

These I purchased from ebay for under £17 including shipping I got 40 daubers in case and they ink beautifully, 
I am going to buy another set this week and then in a few weeks time buy another few so I have them for each of  my ink pads x they are a nice compact size so not bulky in the least x really really pleased with my purchase. 
To mark all the colours I punched out 3/4" circles and coloured them with my stampin' write markers on both sides and using a spot of anitas tacky glue stuck it on some clear acetate which I have cut to fit inside the box its superb and easy to do x 

Todays agenda is to try and work out some space for my SU order which is due delivered tomorrow 
I got my HUGE scary order on Friday and took me hours to find a home for everything and my order on Monday isnt a tiny one either I have 10 dies and 14 stamps and lots of other bits and bobs, cardstock, adhesive, ribbon and twine, ink, and water colour pencils I do have my derwent ones but these being the SU colours I think they will be useful x 
also have some embellishments so I am excited x 

I also got the SU planner that is in the new annual catalogue its beautiful and I am going to purchase some additional a5 planner pages for it so I can have my addresses and phone number etc also added into it and make it more functional to my specification. but it is beautiful have already added my July birthdays in and special dates for July because if I hadnt added them I would have kept it as a "precious" item and not used it which would have been foolish.

Anyway hope you all enjoy the last of your weekend x Lots of Love and Hugs Karen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment